Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 6 of new Juice Feast!

Last time I posted about juice feasting I got very sick about 4 days into it-pneumonia. So I quit, again. I just wasn't ready (for a lot of things) at that time. So, here I am again, but I feel much more ready and capable this time. I think part of it is being sober for a while-having not had alcohol in my system. Well I am really doing this for myself anyway, right?
So I am already 6 days into my feast with no bumps so far. I even successfully navigated a dinner party at my sister inlaw's last night! I think it was do-able because it wasn't a sit down affair. I can't say that the quiche and ham didn't smell awesome, but I was ok.
I remembered I had this blog already so I am going to use it to document when I feel like it.
I think I have a better idea of what I am doing and I definitely feel calmer, more centered and grounded. I am focusing on getting 2 full pounds of greens in my juices daily along with the full head of celery. At the moment I am using alot of pineapple due to it's cleansing and anti-inflamatory actions. I noted a while back that as long as I have the celery with fruits like pineapple or melon, they don't throw me off balance. I am getting at least one fiber drink with betonite clay a day (called a P&B shake). I have done a few enemas. I tried castille soap and it was pretty iritating, so I don't think I will do that anymore. I did an isotonic salt water one and it seems like a good way to go. (aprox 1 1/4 tsps sea salt per 1000 ml warm water-1 quart-to fill the 2 quart bag I used 2 & 1/2 tsps salt)
Today I had: 16 oz "master cleanser" then 48 oz cantalope/celery/cucumber for breakfast
I used the skin brush for 5 mins, took a hot epsom salt/baking soda bath, which I have done almost everyday. Then I used my leg pump for an hour.
I waited too long for "lunch" and should try not to do that.
Late Lunch was (almost) 1/2 gallon of green juice consisting of 1/2 a pineapple, 2 heads butter lettuce (aprox 1 lb) 4 kiwis, 6 stalks of celery, 1 banana.
Added "Super Colon Cleanse" from Trader Joe's last night.
So far I have not had a "bad" combo. They all taste great!
I made a big batch of carrot juice with a few tomatoes and a red and yellow bells.
I cooked this a bit as the assimilation of the anti-oxidants is raised dramatically with the carotens and lycopenes and lutien when they are cooked. You lose some vitamin C but I am getting more than enough of that from everything else.
I am at about 170 lbs currently and we'll see where that goes.
I am looking forward to the next 3 months.
Dinner will be late also...I am planning on the carrot mix with "herb mix" lettuce, cilantro, sprouts, some tomato paste for concentrated nutients. I am going to have it at body temp, like a soup. If I don't feel like that then I might have some miso and tea.

No comments: