Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 26

Pain-it is the recurring theme of my life and I really want it to change!! I've been hurting alot for the last week. The groin pain has stopped. Now it is just basic muscle tiredness. Yesterday I went too long with out a good hightop boot on and my ankle swelled and my foot is bruised. I should know better! On Tuesday I went to a new exercise class that is for cancer patients and survivors. It is at a health club sponsered by the hospital system. They have cardio, strength training and yoga on Tue and Thurs. They also offer monthly massages!! Woo Hoo! It is run and monitored by physical therapists. Between that, weeding the garden and having my thyroid dose messed up I have been sore and tired.
24 oz carrot/celery/apple/pear base from yesterday
1/2 gallon of pineapple/celery/pea greens/mizuna/peach
super seed fiber drink in 10oz apple juice
made a great curry "soup"
32 oz carrot/apple/celery/pear/ base from yesterday -added cilantro/mint/lime/yam
heated tbls of coco oil with yellow curry powder/garam masala/ginger and lightly warmed the juice for a minute. Turned out really good.
Mornings are the hardest for me to get going as always.
I almost never end up having my first juice until after noon and that is not the best.
I really like the slippery elm/super seed/psyllium mix as a hot cereal but I never think of it in the am. My brain just does not work. I am hoping that by writing it down I will remember.
The last week I have struggled with wanting solid food and felt hungry alot.
I am pretty sure it is because I am not getting enough juice throughout the day.
So the goal is to try starting in the am with the fiber "cereal" and then get a juice before noon!
I don't know if others that have public logs are just more disiplined than me or if they are just not really honest about temptation. I have totally caved in, but have mosly chosen small amounts of healthy food like putting some mashed avocado in miso soup or eating some raw flax crackers. We went to 2 BBQ's in one day and I ate a few bites of potato salad and *gasp* a small piece of a bratwurst...payed like the dickens with heartburn so that taught me!! It is difficult to be around a food centered event such as a BBQ and not eat. It is also hard to explain to folks what the heck you are up to! From now on I am just going to say I am fasting. Short and sweet. the more I try to tell them the less confident I feel most of the time. People just have a tendency to not want to accept anything out of the norm. I do know that eating just makes it harder to stay on track so I am hoping my new "plan" will help keep me from temptation!

No comments: